Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Go Giants!

On Sunday I went to my first baseball game!
The San Francisco Giants beat the Saint Louis Cardinals 7-4. My friend Joel was kind enough to provide some explanation of what was going on: balls, outs, strikes, innings, etc.
I even saw a home run! I was hoping to see the "bottom of the ninth", after hearing that expression in countless American films and tv series. Alas, the Giants were winning after the top of the ninth, so there was no bottom of the ninth played*.
Fun, sun and hot dogs was had by all.


* Don't worry, two days ago I wouldn't have understood that either.

3 comments:

Minhoca said...

All I got was that some Giants beat some Cardinals (hardly fair to start with, is it?) and sun and hot dogs... I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! :o)
Back up, FC Porto has won the Championship and yesterday has won the semi-final of Taça de Portugal vs Vitória de Setubal. Goooooooooo Porto!

Minhoca said...

(I meant 'back home', not back up)

Shane said...

You sound like a pro. Did you ask Joel if Babe Ruth would be playing? Did they have Fado at halftime? did they have a halftime??

Go Giants